As an accountant, do you struggle to easily categorize debtors based on how much they owe your company? If you do, your struggles are over as we have a solution for you. The Conditional formatting – Icon Sets option creates visual effect in your data and helps to see how the value of a cell compares to other cells. In the example below we categorize the debtor balances as follows: Red for >=$50,000, Yellow for >= $25,000, Green for < $25,000.
Applies To: Excel 2007, 2010
- The screen shot below will be used for this example
3. Select the Home Tab and as per screen shot below
4. Select Conditional Formatting under the Home Tab then Manage Rules
5. Select Edit Rule, then as per screen shot below
6. Select OK twice. The final result will be as displayed below
Alchemex provides examples of MS Excel procedures for illustration only, without warranty expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose. The MS Excel procedures on this web site are provided “as is” cannot be guaranteed that they can be used in all situations